Nursing...a profession of commitment and expertise
The nurse responsible for general care is the reference person for the patient during his stay in a care institution. He/she assures, guides, supervises and supports the patient.
The work of the nurse responsible for general care is very diverse:
- he/she is the first contact person for the patient on admission
- he/she establishes and manages the patient's care file
- he/sche is working closely with doctors and other health professionals
- he/she carries out care independently and on medical prescription
- he/she is planning and carrying out an individual programme of care for each patient
Human contact and communication with the patient and the family are very important .
He/she is also involved in :
- guiding healthy and sick people to maintain or regain their health
- coaching and training of students and/or new employees
- research in the field of care
The course of training
duration: 4 years, 2 years of which are under the aegis of the Ministry of National Education and 2 years under the aegis of the Ministry of Higher Education
The BTS Specialised Nurses (training accessible to holders of a diploma of nurse responsible for general care):
- medical technical assistant in surgery
- nurse in anaesthesia and intensive care
- paediatric nurse
- psychiatric nurse
Other BTS in Health Professions (courses accessible to holders of a secondary school leaving diploma: classical or general):
- medical technical assistant in radiology
The current health crisis has demonstrated the extreme importance of these professions in our health system.
More information can be found in our brochure "Etudes et métiers: professions de santé"
and on the website of the Lycée pour Professions de Santé LTPS