Students coming from an EU-country
As a European student, you do not need to get a visa or residence permit.
Students coming from a third-country
Before you arrive
- Make sure you meet the admission’s requirements and have been accepted for the course that you plan to take.
- Submit an application for a temporary authorisation to stay to the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs – Immigration Directorate (Ministère des Affaires étrangères et européennes – direction de l'immigration).
- If you require a visa to enter Luxembourg, apply for a type-D visa.
After you arrive
- As soon as you arrive, sign a declaration of arrival with your new commune of residence in Luxembourg.
- Undergo a medical check-up.
- Apply for a residence permit for third-country students.
Before taking any action, check if your passport is in order!