Residence permit - visa

Students coming from an EU-country

As a European student, you do not need to get a visa or residence permit.

Students coming from a third-country

Before you arrive

  1. Make sure you meet the admission’s requirements and have been accepted for the course that you plan to take.
  2. Submit an application for a temporary authorisation to stay to the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs – Immigration Directorate (Ministère des Affaires étrangères et européennes – direction de l'immigration).
  3. If you require a visa to enter Luxembourg, apply for a type-D visa. 

After you arrive

  1. As soon as you arrive, sign a declaration of arrival with your new commune of residence in Luxembourg.
  2. Undergo a medical check-up.
  3. Apply for a residence permit for third-country students.



Before taking any action, check if your passport is in order!

Last update