Admission for undergraduate courses

To be admitted to a Bachelor’s degree, you must be holder of a recognized secondary school leaving diploma. Other criteria:

  • good scholastic achievements (high marks in secondary school leaving examination)
  • personal statement explaining why you chose a specific course/university + indication of work experience, career aspirations…
  • reference letter (usually by a teacher or headmaster)
  • good knowledge of English = assessment through an English test: IELTS prepared at the Institut national des langues or TOEFL test offered by Berlitz  and PROMETRIC (3, rue Th.Edison, L-1445 Strassen Tél: 20 21 15 12).
  • specific entrance tests in medicine:

Applying for undergraduate courses

Applying through UCAS

All applications to universities are made through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service).

You can apply to a maximum of 5 institutions on a single application each year. UCAS sends a copy of your form to each chosen institution.

Applying for postgraduate courses

Applications must be sent directly to the institutions.  

Tuition fees  

Undergraduate courses:

  • Universities and colleges in England, Wales and Northern Ireland: up to 9000.-£ per year (undergraduate courses)
  • Universities and colleges in Scotland: No tuition fees if you are an EU-Student from outside the UK. The SAAS-Scottish Awards Agency for Scotland usually pays the full amount (1820.-£) on your behalf. You must still submit an application form to SAAS to have your fees paid.

Postgraduate studies

Tuition fees vary between 6.000.-£ and 12.000.-£ depending on the institution and the study programme. MBA-programmes (Master of Business Administration) may cost up to 35.000.-£

What will change with Brexit?

Tuition fees

You’ll be eligible for ‘home fee’ status'  if your course in England starts in the 2020 to 2021 academic year or has started before. This will be available for the duration of your course, provided you meet the residency requirements.

More information on

Healthcare studies

Please note that it is not recommended to start studies leading to a regulated health profession in the United Kingdom as long as the ramifications of Brexit are not clear.

Dernière mise à jour