The Cedies financial aid might not be enough to cover your expenses. Each year international students receive significant amounts of financial assistance for their studies. However, competition is high. Applications for financial aid go together with applications for admission!
Estimated Living Cost
10.000 to 12.000 $ (per year). An average of 700 to 1.000 $ per month should be considered as safe.
This includes your accommodation (room and board), travel, food, some books, some clothing and may be some entertainment expense too.
Please find below a range of costs that have been considered while estimating the above listed living expenses:
- Books and study materials will cost 500 to 1.000 $ approximately per academic year
- Travel costs within the US will be between 300 $ and 700 $ approximately
- Room and Board will cost between 3.000 and 7.500 $ approximately per year. Allow an additional 1.000 to 2.000 $ for vacation periods when the dormitory might be closed
If you will be living off campus, the cost of renting an apartment will be between 300 and 600 $ a month, but could be much higher contingent on the location of the school. Meals should cost about 2.500 $ a year, assuming that you do not fancy too many outings
- Clothing will cost 500 $ or more annually (if you go to cold place, you better buy some clothes that suit their weather; otherwise you may shiver)
- Personal expenses will cost around 2.000 $ approximately per year